Janice's Technorati Test, Tips, & Tricks Site

A little unofficial Technorati Troubleshooter, Tips, and Tricks Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Link Count & Ranking Questions

1. How come my Link Count is only increasing a little or is decreasing?

Just to clarify how link count is calculated, Technorati currently looks at all links from the past 6 months only. Ideally your rank will change daily based upon your blog's activity 180 days ago up to your link activity today. Thus, as older links fall off and new links are added, your link count may increase, fall, or stay the same over time.

2. How come my Link Count hasn't updated yet?

Also, it is a known issue that there are delays with this update for up to a week. We are currently working on this issue, and hope to fix this soon. If you find that your link counts have not updated when it should for over a week, please feel free to send in a support ticket and I'll be sure to investigate it further.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger ME Strauss said...

Hi Janice,
Perfect timing. Those are just the problems I am having with the blogs again. They haven't moved since you looked at them. They need your magic touch I think. :)

I'm still wondering how I might help. I have a noisy blog . . .

Liz
Successful Blog

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger ME Strauss said...

Janice, I did a Newsweek story link this morning, AND IT WORKED!!!

YEA!!

Liz

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger The Merricks said...

Janice,

I am afraid I need your help again. Technorati is not indexing my feed. My pings are going nowhere. Can you help? My user name is tarynmerrick and my main blog is www.merrickmgt.com/virtualassistant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home